[wp-hackers] Search plugin and problem with paged searches in WP 2.1

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Tue Feb 20 12:42:33 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 11:49 -0800, Ryan Boren wrote:
> On 2/19/07, Alex Günsche <ag.ml2007 at zirona.com> wrote:
> > I'm totally stuck and I would really apprechiate if somebody had an idea
> > on what I would have to change or where I have to search in order to get
> > the paged comments working in WP 2.1 again.

> Your query needs to have SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS at the beginning.  That
> does the counting.

Thank you very much, Ryan! This perfectly solved the problem. :)

>  Also, don't check for a post_status of static
> anymore.  Check for a post_type of 'page' to get pages and 'post' to
> get posts. post_date_gmt <= current time is no longer needed to
> exclude future posts.  Future posts now have a post_status of
> 'future'.

Yes, I know. In the current development version I already took care of
this. But I didn't want to post that one in order to avoid confusion.

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
work: http://www.zirona.com/ | leisure: http://www.roggenrohl.net