[wp-hackers] Tagging, Categorizing, Labeling, Classifying: Taxonomics and Folksonomics in WordPress

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Feb 12 05:51:39 GMT 2007

On 2/11/07, Christine Davis <christine at neato.co.nz> wrote:
> I've been thinking about breaking UTW into a core tagging plugin,  with
> addon-plugins for the various bells, whistles, geegaws and magical pixies,
> anyway;  so having core tagging as part of wordpress is no skin off my nose,
> and perhaps something to be encouraged from my point of view.

We would only include the bare necessities in core leaving more
advanced things to UTW.  There is even a chance we might use the UTW
schema.  We'll see how the schema debate goes.  Tagging is a popular
add-on, as demonstrated by the uptake of UTW.  We'd include it in core
with the idea of providing a nice base for the tagging plugins to
build on top of.

Ryan