[wp-hackers] Broken Pingbacks (due to custom URLs?)

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Thu Feb 1 17:01:13 GMT 2007

One of the things I did on my site when I combined 2 WordPress
installs into a single database was add some artificial URL elements
(based on categories) to maintain the illusion of 2 different blogs
but get the benefits of having everything in a single database.

For example:

http://alexking.org/blog/2007/01/01/example

and:

http://alexking.org/sports/golf/2007/01/01/example

I got everything working as I wanted to using the parse_query and
I've done some testing and attempted to strip out the extra URL
elements in the XMLRPC before the ping code kicks in, but I've been
unsuccessful.

Is there anyone out there that knows the pingback code well that
might be willing to help me out? I believe the main things I need to
do are:

1. Make sure WP knows what post is receiving the ping
2. Make sure that the validation check (seeing that a link is indeed
on the linking page) is happy when it sees the URL with the
additional URL elements in it.

I'll be happy to meet folks in IRC or on IM if e-mail isn't a
suitable medium for help you're willing to provide.

Additionally, does anyone have a 'pingback sender' test script for
use in testing like this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,
--Alex