[wp-hackers] Admin Menu

andré renaut andre.renaut at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:13:59 GMT 2007

Hi there,

I read somewhere that the 2.4 will contain a review of the admin.

I tried to do some work on my own to see own the navigation within admin was
coded.

I first tried to do this, that's the kind of admin menu organisation i would
like to have :
http://flickr.com/photos/nogent94130/sets/72157603398271468/show/

Then i modified wp-admin/menu.php... to get what i was expecting.

I was surprised to see that plugins tools such as add_menu_pages and
add_submenu_pages were not used at all.
And i found that some wp files in the admin have their submenu AND menu HARD
CODED in those files ... (wp_redirect i suppose)

SO $menu and $submenu are not the only variables to manage Wp admin
menues...

Am i right, Am i wrong.

What are the modification in admin on 2.4.

Thanks for your replies.