[wp-hackers] category hooks/actions

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Thu Dec 6 19:10:22 GMT 2007

Hi all, I've a question I can't find answer even by browsing trac
code, and I hope someone of you can help, because I'm getting crazy :-)

I'm trying to make the Gengo plugin compatible with WP2.3+ , and this
means rewriting all category-related stuff against the new API.
The original plugin shipped with those actions:

				// Categories.
				add_action('add_category', array(& $this, 'add_category'));
				add_action('delete_category', array(& $this, 'delete_category'));

It actually can't do anything, and browsing WordPress code I can't
even find those action. So I supposed they've gone with the 2.3
family, and I've found this changeset:

http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/5528

It seems that some actions died in this changeset (like those in admin-
db.php - the removed part of it - lines #147/161)

Am I wrong, and they're just somewhere I can't reach, or maybe those
actions aren't actually working?
If so, I'll need to find another way to notify the plugin when a
category is modified in any way...

Thank you!

Paolo Tresso
- pixline.net code monkey