[wp-hackers] making the code editor the default view

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:41:23 GMT 2007

Otto wrote:
> Agreed. The option to disable it completely must remain, because it
> still messes with things, even in the code view.

I agree as well. It not only messes up with what Otto said above here,
but people are still having alot of issues in general with pasting in
crappy stuff while writing their posts...

> My opinion is that TinyMCE should be removed from the core entirely,
> and into a plugin instead. It can be a default packaged plugin if you
> like, but making it a plugin would make it easier for other plugins to
> replace the editor. Competition breeds improvement, and TinyMCE in
> WordPress is in desperate need of improvement.
I agree with this as well. IMHO: Just take out the bulk. Make it a
plugin; add the download link on the Codex plugin page, or, package it
as default plugin. However, I'd rather see it gone from the WordPress
zips... I never use it, and I disable it for most I install for too. I'd
rather by default, to just upload only the most important stuff for
WordPress to get it running and working right. Not the RTE junk... =P
That's just me though so.. lol. Is there something smaller and perhaps
easier to use out there RTE Wise? Or...?