[wp-hackers] Get rid of Reply-To munging

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:44:36 GMT 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 3:57 AM, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:
> For a long time, I have disliked the idea of munging, and there have
> been a couple of cases where I have meant to reply off-list and
> accidentally replied on-list, and that was all Reply-To's fault, because
> of the inconsistency with mailing lists that are more intelligently set
> up.

I disagree. It is your fault when you send any email to an unintended address.

> All the addition of Reply-To does is make it harder to reply off-list to
> somebody. It does not make it easier for somebody to send to the list.
> All mail clients have a Reply All feature, and if the one you're using
> doesn't, well, it's your fault -- there are plenty of free alternatives
> that do.

The vast majority of replies are intended to be sent to the list.
Reply-To makes this the default action on clicking Reply in most email
clients. Thus Reply-To is correctly configured and should not be
changed for this list.

Andy