[wp-hackers] get_posts bug, or feature?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Dec 4 21:44:14 GMT 2007

The get_posts function in post.php doesn't look like it will do what
you say it's doing. It doesn't merge children into the category part
of the query. It's adding this to the where clause

AND (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id AND
wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id =
wp_term_taxonomy.term_taxonomy_id AND $wpdb->term_taxonomy.term_id =
$category)

That's not going to get children categories too.

Are you use that you're not using $wp_query->get_posts() instead?
Because that behaves differently.