[wp-hackers] making the code editor the default view

Johannes Ruthenberg johannes at bolarus.de
Sat Dec 1 11:43:50 GMT 2007

Hi!

I recently wondered wether it would be possible to have both the visual
editor (tinyMCE) and the code editor switched on, but making the code
view default. I looked around a bit and found a lot of threads on the
WordPress forum asking for this, but without a solution. And looking at
the code in wp-includes/general-template.php (WP 2.3.1) I don't think
that's easily possible right now.

I just wonder if there is a way to do that and if not, if there would be
interest to add this functionality.

Greetings,
Johannes