[wp-hackers] WordPress.org and WordPress.com integration

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Fri Aug 31 02:44:42 GMT 2007

Big thanks Mark.
I don't think you could have provided a better answer to my question
(zero sarcasm intended).

I had never setup an actual blog at wordpress.com (just an account
for an api-key for my self-hosted instance), and I wasn't aware of
the feature, since it only becomes available once you actually get a
URL.

Reference for others: http://faq.wordpress.com/2007/03/06/what-is-
openid/

Kick a**! I'm a big fan of open decentrailzed auth: OpenID, SAML,
Yadis, Shibboleth, etc..

On another note, I agree with you on having wordpress.com (and
the .org properties) having OpenID integration.
I'd even go as far as saying this should be a default feature in WP.
Again, I'm a fan and therefore biased, but it'd be yet another push
for decentralized auth with such an authoritative figure as Wp (in
its own realm).
I know AOL, Visa and the likes are providers, but I'm not sure if
they made the move into being consumers as well (ironic).

Doing the same (provider/consumer) for my institution is a pet
project of mine to be rolled into an upcoming directory rethink,
which could mean 250,000+ new decentralized users.

Thanks again. :)

Stephane