[wp-hackers] Re: Re: Sharing Users/authentication

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Aug 28 17:06:49 GMT 2007

This is very cool.  I've been tinkering with this kind of thing
myself, and ran up against the table-prefix problem.  A couple
thoughts...

On Aug 28, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Curt Woodard wrote:

> * The administrator need only modify 3 variables in the plugin:
> $this_role, $my_master_db,
>   and $my_master_prefix. $this_role tells WordPress if the copy is
> a slave or a master and the other two are pretty self-explanatory.

It seems you could automate this with a simple logic test.  If the
table prefix of the table used is the same as the current install's
prefix, then it is the master.  Otherwise it is a slave.

> You can download the plugin from http://www.lyonesse.info/WPP/ (a
> simple, crude, yet effective page).

I'm definitely testing this out.  I'll let you know if I come across
any issues or ideas. :) Thanks!

Would you object if I took some of this and rolled it into a separate
system I'm working on?
(This thing: <http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/2006/10/hello-
again-world/>)

Regards,