[wp-hackers] Files associated with table *_users

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Sat Aug 18 08:11:31 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 02:53 -0400, Curt Woodard wrote:
> Alex: I was thinking that as well, I'd just have to figure out how to
> write the plugin and then how to interface everything with SMF. I'd
> need to be able to replace everything dealing with WP logins with SMF
> SSI calls. Do you know of any information available to allow me to
> write a plugin that replaces all of this? I've already looked at the
> two databases and am in the process of mapping what fields in WP would
> match with those in SMF and could probably, very easily, write a
> wrapper that places the SMF user data in the format that
> wp_get_current_user uses... I'll have to see what I can do.

Basically, if you require() the file wp-blog-header.php, you have full
access to the WP base system. If you want to authenticate against SMF,
you simply let your user log in and require() wp-blog-header.php.

However, if you directly require() this file, the user will have no
rights. Therefore, you must also replace the pluggable user management
functions. Have a look at wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php and create
a plugin write a replacement for each of the user functions. To
understand which roles and capabilities must be implemented, have a look
at http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities.

Note: The above is in no way tested, it's rather what I would consider a
useful approach at first sight. Please check everything for security and
stuff.

> PS are there archives for this list?

The below are the primary archives, but there are others, too (the usual
suspects).
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net