[wp-hackers] Modify search function?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Aug 15 21:04:39 GMT 2007

Hi --

I'm trying to work out a system (possibly a plugin) that will allow a
certain amount of cross-over between two different blogs in the same
database (that is, different table-prefixes).

The two things I'm aiming for are the ability to Search both blogs in
one search, and the ability for one blog to see the "Pages" list of
the other.  (Maybe also to pull up a combined list of Pages from both
blogs.)

I'm well on the way to the cross-pages list, but completely flummoxed
with the Search.

Can somebody tell me where to find the actual function that runs the
"Search" box?  I would like to make modifications to it, but I'm
puzzled as to the function that actually goes to the database and
returns results.

Overall, any info or tips that might assist would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider