[wp-hackers] how often does the cron job run for wordpress.org extend/plugins?

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:13:48 GMT 2007

On 30/04/07, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:
> Several cron jobs conspire to make the plugin directory update, and
> each runs hourly.
>
> Short story:  If you check in some changes before the hour, but you
> don't see the changes by fifteen minutes after the hour, either
> there's a bug/server problem, or you've done something wrong.

Thanks Michael, that explains my experience - presumably once I
checked in just before the hour and another time just after. I've
never had any problems with the updates appearing, but it is useful to
know timing so I can update my site with release notes/etc.

At the moment I was waiting ~24hrs to check and publicize the release
just be safe!

Thanks again for the explanation ...much appreciated.

Martin