[wp-hackers] edit comment form

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 04:38:56 GMT 2007

On 4/27/07, Will Norris <will at willnorris.com> wrote:
> The problem is that it appears the callback
> method specified in ob_start() no longer has access to global
> variables in recent versions of PHP; this is not considered a bug
> <http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=40104>.

This seems to work for me: pass the callback function to ob_start as a
method of the global object.  Here's how I modified the bug code at
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=40104 to avoid the fatal error:

class foo
{
  function bar()
  {
  }
  function foo_bar($buffer)
  {
    $this->bar();
    return $buffer;
  }
}

$GLOBALS['fb'] =& new foo; // this will throw a non-fatal error
"Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated", but so
does a bunch of stuff in wp-settings.php

ob_start(array(&$fb,'foo_bar'));