[wp-hackers] edit comment form

Alan J Castonguay alan at verselogic.net
Fri Apr 27 22:02:01 GMT 2007

Will Norris wrote:
> One possibility would be to attempt a new filter, but I'm not
> completely sure that would work.  Even if it did, this whole thing
> feels kinda weird... it feels much cleaner to have the user modify
> their theme directly, as most plugins require.  I guess another option
> would be to push it to the client side and modify the DOM with some
> javascript... still not ideal, but a little cleaner.  Does anyone have
> other ideas on modifying the comment form?  Alan, I'd love to hear
> your thoughts, since you can definitely shed some light on
> alternatives you might have considered when you first wrote this.
The regex magic for parsing existing and adding the extra field is still
gross, regardless of whether it's done using output buffering or some
other filter. I'm still hoping that the ability for Wordpress to easily
alter the form will come the same day it supports a comment-preview loop.

--
Alan J Castonguay
 519.567.2633