[wp-hackers] Grab a seat. On Delaying 2.2, separating tables

Chris Meller chris at doesnthaveone.com
Mon Apr 16 14:32:34 GMT 2007

On 4/15/07, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:

> +1
>
> The UTW import script is BROKEN and imports "Multiple Word Tags" as
> "Multiple-Word-Tags" - but that's not the point.

That's because that's what UTW stores them as in its "<prefix>_tags" table.
I thought it better to go with exactly what they had, rather than trying to
guess and potentially removing a legit "-". Who designs a system that stores
"-" and " " the same? Ugh...

I fully agree that we should split tags out into their own tables. It was a
pain in the ass trying to keep up with the increasingly-complex table design
when I was writing the UTW importer. Granted I've spent a limited amount of
time with the new features, but I'm also not confident enough in a stable
2.2 release yet. I say delay it (maybe even skip to 2.3?) and get out a
truly quality release.

--
Chris Meller
chris at doesnthaveone.com