[wp-hackers] A "terms" table

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 02:57:24 GMT 2007

On 4/15/07, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Ryan Boren wrote:
> > I think we must acknowledge that we will have to suffer two rounds of
>  > breakage if we leave 2.2 as is.
>
> I think a "plugin author beware" note with the release blog should be
> more than sufficient to set expectations around the API and DB structure
> changing.

I think that's functionally useless.  You're turning 2.2 into a
red-headed stepchild of a release.  If devs and theme authors can't
depend on an ever-shifting API, then there's no incentive to support
2.2.  Just wait till 2.3 comes out and _then_ support it.

Breaking the API twice is madness.  Better to start a WP-Fork project
and let those that like the all-in-one-table stuff have one branch and
we serial tables-for-everything-gol-durnit arguers to have the other.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/