[wp-hackers] Page categories

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:28:25 GMT 2007

On 4/12/07, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Am I missing something? Is there any way to assign a *page* to a
> category? I could have sworn this was possible, but right now I don't
> see any option in Manage or Edit Pages for  Category assignment.
>
> I can add categories to posts, but the equivalent category assignment
> for pages just isn't there.

No, you can't, and this is intentional. Pages are meant to live
outside the normal hierarchy of the blog. If placed in a category they
would have to be displayed somehow when viewing the category, based on
time or something, which definitely does not coincide with the purpose
of a page.

If you want your pages in a hierarchy, use subpages.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com