[wp-hackers] State of WP

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Apr 9 17:48:02 GMT 2007

> For example, Interbase or Firebird should handle that with out a
> problem and
> doesn't limit your platform, but you'll have to over come issues like
> how to
> handle the missing MySQL InsertID feature.  MSSQL is another option, of
> course, and there are others beyond that.

In my testing with extremely heavy loads on limited hardware, Oracle and
MSSQL proved to be the most reliable - so long as the applications were
properly coded (and unfortunately, best performance was achieved using
non-ANSI SQL queries... :(

Anyway, PostgerSQL is a decent alternative that's similar enough to MySQL if
you're looking to port WPMU....

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/