[wp-hackers] Consolidating database tables and other assorted items

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:25:35 GMT 2007

Matt wrote:
> Yes, but then your changes wouldn't happen immediately, which is what
> most
> people want. It'll just confuse the average user and then they'll go and
> they'll do the change again, increasing the size of the query. If this
> were
> to ever happen, which I doubt it's going to anytime soon, we'd also
> have to
> prioritize the queries. So that when you Publish a post, it won't be
> posted
> 10 Minutes later, it'll be posted immediately.
>
> Also, just have 1 table for all the Data isn't a good idea for being
> able to
> sift through it, if need be. The developers may want less tables, but it
> still needs to be Organized and Manageable.
>
> As for the page fading in and out and the Wordpress logo, that seems
> excessive. We should just be working towards making it faster, keeping
> the
> layout consistent and adding Ajax in places that it makes sense in adding
> Ajax (which is quite a few places).

I'm not a database guru or anything, and though I like Robert Deaton's
ideas and suggestions. I still have to agree with Matt above though...
Here's at least one post in the forums regarding software performance
slowing down (by each newer version):
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/112799?replies=14

--
spencerp