[wp-hackers] Comment previews: plugins or themes

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:12:18 GMT 2007

I've been experimenting with plug-ins for comment preview lately. All I
want is something basic that allows the user to press a preview button
instead of a Post button and then preview their comment, editing it if
necessary.

I found three such plugins. The first two I tried were completely
broken. The third works, but is really annoying. It gives Live preview
instead of delayed preview. The flashing of text as I type is very
distracting. I may turn it off.

It occurred to me: am I looking in the wrong place? Maybe this isn't a
job for a plug-in at all? In particular, shoudl I be looking for a theme
that includes comment previews rather than a plug-in? Are there any such?

Or is it simply the case that WordPress doesn't have the right API hooks
to enable comment previewing to be developed as either a theme or a
plug-in?

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!