[wp-hackers] "users must be registered to comment" should not be in Options>Discussion

Lloyd D Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 19:13:13 GMT 2006

"users must be registered to comment" should be in Options>Discussion

ENV: WP 2.1-alpha3+ (svn R4262)

This is obviously awkward in WP MU, but I think it is also awkward in core.

PROBLEM

Options>General includes:
Membership:
[ ]  Anyone can register
[ ]Users must be registered and logged in to comment
New User Default Role: [              ]

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

It seems to me this would be better to have:

In Users>Authors and Users:
[ ]  Anyone can register
New User Default Role: [              ]

AND

In Discussion:
[ ]Users must be registered and logged in to comment

What say you?