[wp-hackers] Can some spot check me on this...

Adam Batkin adam at batkin.net
Thu Sep 28 11:55:12 GMT 2006

>> He's using export from the stable branches. This means that the .svn
>> folders are never made, so subversion doesn't think it has control over
>> the dir. --force forces it to voerwrite the files when it exports,
>> unlike if you just do export, where it would complain that the file
>> already exists
>
> Thanks Robert!, don't know how I missed that export there...
> I didn't know you could eport straight from the repo, I always thought you had to co then export from the checkout itself..
> :-)

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I usually keep track of the latest
svn revision that I'm on, and the revision that WP is up to, then do:

svn diff -r1:2 > wp-1-2.diff
(where 1 was my old revision and 2 the new revision number)

Then go to my WP install and do:
patch -p0 < /path/to/wp-1-2.diff

This has the advantage of keeping any local changes from being
overwritten, so long as they don't conflict (and if they do, patch will
tell you and it's usually an easy task to manually fix just those bite)

Also, you don't have to worry about your host installing subversion
because you can create the diff locally, and just copy it over (or you
could do the whole thing locally and copy the whole thing over when you
are satisfied with the results)

Just a thought,

-Adam Batkin