[wp-hackers] Tabbed Editor

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 18:31:28 GMT 2006

On 9/22/06, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:
> >The Quicktags editor uses a plain textarea. It doesn't get any more
> >"unfiltered" than that.
> Then why don't you have to put <br/> after every line?  How come you don't
> have to indicate paragraphs with <p></p>?  It does get more filtered that or
> putting a new line in the editor would not result in a new screen.

wpautop and other WordPress filters make it so. If you really want to
edit your HTML and have it served as-is, write a quick plugin that
removes all of the output filters.

> Anyway, I'm not saying the edit box is the problem. It's the processing that
> is done during load and save.  When you look at a post in HTML it is not the
> same as looking at it in the Quicktags editor.

Look in the database. If you have the unfiltered_html capability, you
will find exactly what you typed in the editor. The HTML you see on
the blog is filtered on output, not save. See
wp-includes/default-filters.php.

Andy