[wp-hackers] Tabbed Editor

James Kelly me at jameskelly.org
Fri Sep 22 16:10:14 GMT 2006

> As I said in my last email, I think 3 tabs would be better. One with TinyMce
> one with Quicktags and one with unfiltered HTML that saves directly from

That'd be cool, the problem is that there is SOOOO much overhead with
TinyMce, it'd need to either be AJAXified or IFramed (yuck).  The
point is that all that overhead needs to be encapsulated so that those
of us that enjoy self mutilation can use the editor.

Of course ideally we have an editor that has a tiny footprint
and is completely bullet-proof...oh yeah, and get on genetically
eliminating aging while you're at it will ya?

>...Office-using person actually considers WYSISYG
>normal rather than a special feat of
>arcane magic.  It's easy to make fun, but really, why shouldn't they?

Too true, too true.

James Kelly
http://www.jameskelly.org/
mailto:me at jameskelly.org