[wp-hackers] Cache solution for WPMU?

Roland Haeder webmaster at mxchange.org
Wed Sep 20 17:29:42 GMT 2006

Hello all,

> FWIW, I interpreted this to mean "There is no one person who can vouch
> for how well-coded these 20 plugins are, how efficient they'll be, or
> how well they will work together."
Yes, that's for the GNU GPL: No warranty. :-)

Back to topic: I have continued my SQL cache.

> Using the default theme and showing ten posts, wptexturize() is called
> less than twenty times total.  That's for the entire page.  Are your
> plugins doing all of that extra texturizing?
wptexturize() is only an example. I added also some caching to wpautop(),
sanitize_user(), sanitize_title_with_dashes(), backslashit(), get_settings()
and mysql2date().

Only mysql2date(), wptexturize() and sanitize_title_with_dashes() are flushing
their cache to disc by creating lots of small files.

The goal of this is to reduce function calls and so execusion time. I have
already tested it with my 20+ plugins and a basic WP installation (only one
anti-spambot plugin).

Hmmm, the elapsed times are differing very much between two cached executions
or between two uncached execution. :-( Is there a way of measuring the
execution time where you can count on?

Roland

--
(GNU) PGP ID: 0x8C8859B9