[wp-hackers] RTE

Mani Monajjemi mani.monajjemi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:58:46 GMT 2006

> I know it's not "our" fault though, but..after handling support threads of
> "My blog's messed up! HELP!!" And it turns out they *usually* copy/pasting
> from a word processor, right into the RTE.. "we've" come to find out, they
> didn't know how to turn off the RTE, or they knew.. but didn't care about
> it...sigh. IMHO, If all possible.. maybe make it OFF for default.. and
> have
> it added in the Write Post window?

Pressing ALT+B inside TinyMCE causes another toolbar to show on with
Built-in "Paste from Word" and "Paste as Plaint Text" buttons.

No need to remove RTE, just tell users this functionality and also make'em
aware about problem of pasting from Word.

Macromedi(Adobe) Dreamweaver has a great built-in functionality, It cleans
up MS Word HTML on the fly (on CTRL+V) and make them Valid XHTML. It would
be a nice feature to be added to TinyMCE.

--
Mani Monajjemi
www.manionline.org