[wp-hackers] RTE

Angsuman Chakraborty angsuman at taragana.com
Fri Sep 15 02:30:03 GMT 2006

> Or just get rid of the damn thing and let someone write an RTE plugin.
I second that.

The current WYSIWYG editor is buggy as hell and horror to use for big editing tasks. I keep it switched off by default on all my blogs. You can read my experiences here:
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/wordpress-wysiwyg-editor-is-a-disaster/

I was also writing a plugin for a client which inserts some text into the WYSIWYG editor and realized to my horror that it has strange browser specific bugs which are extremely hard to overcome.

-- Angsuman
Or just get rid of the damn thing and let someone write an RTE plugin.

Craig.