[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Sean Hickey seanhickey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 00:39:17 GMT 2006

> But I recoil at making UI changes that use this system part of the core.
> I find clouds to be a cute trick, but really not that useful.  Is it
> that meaningful that some keyword is tagged 1,000 vs 10 times, if I'm
<snip>
> display/UI/presentation part of this question very much theme/plug-in
> author territory.
>
> Chris

I agree.  I have a tag cloud, but mostly because I think it's nifty.
It also gives some idea of what's on my mind the most, but for the
most part when I'm looking at a tag cloud, I go straight for what I'm
looking for.   So I think it would be great if WP had core
functionality to support tags, but leave the clouds and such up to
plugin developers.

- Sean
--
http://www.headzoo.com