[wp-hackers] WP 2.1 Launch and Heads-up for Plugin Developers

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 22:56:55 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 12:28 -0500, Todd Grimason wrote:
> > > Maybe a wp-announce list?
> >
> > There is an announcement list on the wp home page, but I've signed up
> > for it a couple of times and never received anything from it.
>
> Me too - or me neither. Never got anything from that list. This is how
> most projects seem to handle announcing releases (*-announce lists),
> and it helps keep the whining down from the part-timers and lurkers
> who aren't deeply involved in the project (like me!), but keeps one in
> the loop for important developments (new releases, security updates,
> etc.)

Plus, if a new release is fixing security issues it is very important to
notify blog owners, otherwise they could not know about the issue for a
number of months.

You can't expect "normal" blog-admins to stay subscribed to a
high-traffic list like wp-hackers to just listen out for the
once-every-few-months email announcing the new release.

--
Jeremy Visser
Email: jeremy.visser at gmail.com GPG id: CF13C41A