[wp-hackers] Refresh Timestamp

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Sun Oct 29 13:13:47 GMT 2006

Computer Guru wrote:
> If you save a post as a draft and continue it later, isn't it logical that
> when you "continue" writing and then "save and continue" the time-stamp
> should be updated?
>
> May I ask what the logic is behind the current system which sticks to the
> very first "save-date" for publication time-stamps?
>
> :D
>
> Computer Guru
> NeoSmart Technologies
> http://neosmart.net/blog/

Well, I think this is a good thing. The first publishing date should stick.
Only if it were a versioning system, updated dates should be added. It
isn't though.

Rational: On a happy Sunday in April 2005, I lament about my visit to a
great rock consert.
A year later I read through my posts and find that I misspelled the name
of the arena,
and I do an edit to correct this.
If the publishing date is changed, I'll suddenly move the concert in
time by a year,
and my readers are confused.

However if you want to cheat and change the published date, you can do
so explicitly in WP
You're in charge after all.

/Petit