[wp-hackers] Just a thought: Compiled WordPress

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Thu Oct 26 15:19:03 GMT 2006

OK, that seems about on-par with my current stats (a daily 40-70k w/o
slashdot or digg, with them it jumps up to about 200k)

But that's what worries me most.. NeoSmart Technologies makes
Digg/Slashdot/OSnews/OSDir/any other big news site quite often and
that's what hurts.

My problem isn't with the PHP as much as it is with the MySQL: My php
runs great, it's just the SQL that times out and drives my site to the
ground. That was on a VPS, now I'm going to a dedicated Windows 2003
EE server... Do you think eAccelerator + some MySQL tweaking + newer
versions of PHP & MySQL will be enough???

I guess I can try it first, see what happens, and if that fails go to phalanger.

Thanks!

-CG
Ontheroad
On 10/22/06, Viper007Bond <viper007bond at gmail.com> wrote:
> Meh, a lightly hacked WP-Cache + eAccelerator works great for me on
> one of my sites that gets 15k to 40k uniques a day. Query-less and
> pulled right from RAM.

Computer Guru
Founder
NeoSmart Technologies