[wp-hackers] Plugin author stats

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Oct 24 15:51:29 GMT 2006

More importantly, what about dual licensing?  I know of TONS of OSS projects
where there's a commercial-use license separate from the personal-use
GPL/et.al. license.  Heck, isn't that how id licensed the Quake sources?

I'm on the verge of either dropping support of many of my plugins or needing
to do commercial licenses for people with money-making (i.e., commercial)
websites.  I'm glad WP is GPL, I'm fine with the fact that Matt has a
company making money off this project (and offshoots, not all of which are
open source...), but GPL doesn't work for me.  A dual-license scheme would
potentially work, though admittedly I've never really looked into it.

-d