[wp-hackers] Plugin author stats

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Oct 22 02:37:34 GMT 2006

Since March we've been tracking download stats for various plugins, and
it seemed like as good a time as any to expose them:

http://wordpress.org/extend/stats/plugins/

Since most people don't use our download system yet, here's an example
of one that has used it since launch:

http://wordpress.org/extend/stats/plugins/widgets/

Here's one that got a lot of downloads when I blogged it and then since
I haven't promoted or linked it anywhere has trailed off:

http://wordpress.org/extend/stats/plugins/no-www/

As we build out an official plugin directory on wp.org, this data will
be used in that somehow, so if you're a plugin author consider using
downloads.wordpress.org for your official download URL.

Any other ideas for stuff we could expose?

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com