[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [4349] trunk: Some UI cleanups, changes, and various miscellany.

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Oct 9 06:18:55 GMT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 6:40 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> I was removing the headings entirely as they seemed a bit
> redundant. I'm not crazy about how the preview works currently, but
> I haven't figured out the best way to improve it.

You forgot to remove it from the Page editor:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6746/wppageeditorpz1.png

Agreed that the current preview isn't great.

Here's an idea.  How about we add another tab above the Post
textarea: "Preview"

On clicking the tab, we could save the entry asynchronously, and then
swap in an iframe (it'd need more height, but that's okay) with a
preview of the entry.

That'd also fix the issue of the preview loading every time you edit
an entry, which slows you down a bit.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/