[wp-hackers] SQLite support for WP

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 02:29:10 GMT 2006

On 10/8/06, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/06, Robin Adrianse <shorty114 at shorty114.net> wrote:
> > I've used ADOdb a bit too and it's almost transparent, at least what I did
> > with it.
>
> Okay, given what has been discussed in re: ADOdb support, what
> possible downsides are there to making WP rely upon ADO, with the
> obvious exceptions of 1) reliance upon yet another outside package and
> 2) potential performance concerns?
Not potential. Definite.

Size is another concern. Adodb would almost double the size of WP.
Rewriting every query to work with Adodb, which means rewriting the
whole method for which we handle dates, which is MySQL DATETIME
reliant.

Other possible concerns are upgrade path if this was to (for some
unknown reason) ever make it into the core. Personally, I am -1 for
adodb.

--
--Robert Deaton