[wp-hackers] 120-day release cycle

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Oct 2 04:14:19 GMT 2006

Well, to date WordPress has been played "by ear" where ideas just come along and people volunteer patches on trac to add certain functionality and stuff.
You can say that 100 days of patches will be accepted and 20 days code-lockdown with only improvements coming in, but that just doesn't sound like WordPress :)

It's more than just a release cycle, it's an entire way of development. WP is a loose collaboration of hackers that put together code. When "it feels ready" it goes out.

120 day release cycles are nice and dependable, but they're just not us, are they?

Computer Guru
Founder,
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/