[wp-hackers] WP-Medic?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Oct 2 04:08:10 GMT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 6:23 PM, Lloyd D Budd wrote:

> It seems that to keep signal to noise as high as possible, plugin
> announcements are discouraged from wp-hackers.

In general, yes.  There are thousands of plugins for WordPress and
announcing every single one here would gum up the works.  But when a
plugin is of wide appeal or of specific interest to the wp-hackers
crowd, I don't see a problem with announcing it.  WP-Medic is like a
hackers toolkit, which makes it pertinent to what we do here.  I also
announced my WordPress 2.0.3 Tuneup plugin here, because at the time
there were several seriously annoying bugs in 2.0.3 that would not be
fixed until 2.0.4, which was several months off, and the plugin fixed
those bugs.  I thought long and hard before posting it, because I
didn't want to seem like I was hijacking the list for self-promotion,
but I figured it was of general interest.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/