[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

John Ha khanh at netspace.net.au
Thu Nov 30 06:31:56 GMT 2006

> * A WYSIWYG editor in the core is here to stay. Stop wasting your breath.
> Read this if you're interested in the details:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3256

After having a look at the ticket, it seems the person that closed it didn't
fully comprehend the issue. No one disputed the fact that it was "too
valuable to the target audience". The question was whether it should have
been in the *core*. sheesh!

> * The TinyMCE folder can be deleted (if you don't want to upload it) and
> it
> won't result in any problems thanks to this ticket/changeset added to 2.1
> month ago: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3272

"Code is poetry". I don't see anything too poetic or elegant about this
solution, but it's still a solution I guess.

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com.
For your security, khanh at netspace.net.au
digitally signed this message on 30 November 2006 at 06:31:55 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
---------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ----------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjh3cC1oYWNrZXJzQGxpc3RzLmF1dG9tYXR0aWMuY29tAGto
YW5oQG5ldHNwYWNlLm5ldC5hdQBlbWFpbCBib2R5AGQCAAB8AHwAAAABAAAA23pu
RWQCAADrAgACAAIAAgAg8VG8bTqY5GUvrf4aXmKA6KPW9gSnZrx0fHrqbUxA8X8B
ADJ3pqx0+wI1EtGonXMUqFMay/HYXXsVyO4epGQTJv0/AeTqeKNj4eviFsy1PUdM
QfTy3rvwW5Jj0u/FzT8aZoKCU2lnRW5k