[wp-hackers] Foreign Key Db Upgrade Support

Ben Wann ben.wann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:17:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am a bit of n00b on the hacker mailing list.  I love the wordpress
db upgrade script.  I have found it helpful in many ways, but it I
have always noticed the lack of foreign key support in the script.
NO MORE!  I have made modifications to the script so that there is
now support for adding and upgrading foreign keys for InnoDB tables
in MySQL.  My question is, is there a need for this in Wordpress?  I
have not seen any foreign keys in the db schema to date (hence the
lack of support for handling them I dare say .. ).  I am interested
in contributing this work back to the community that has given me so
much.

Thanks.

Ben Wann
ben.wann at gmail.com