[wp-hackers] Re: Changing MySQL minimum version

Joey B tunicwriter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 07:50:53 GMT 2006

On 11/29/06, Alex King <lists at alexking.org> wrote:
> Another +1 here, but for another reason. We don't want the MySQL
> minimum version to be a moving target from release to release. I
> think it's better to make a bigger (version # wise) jump to 4.1, with
> the hopes that we can make that the baseline for the next year or three.

Well put. I'll come out of lurking to add my +1, for whatever it's
worth. No use in going with 4.0 if mysql has dropped support of it and
we can just as easily go to 4.1. And with continued support of 2.0.x
for 3.23, as Ryan mentioned earlier, it sounds like a perfect
solution.

--
Joey Brooks
Milk Carton Designs || milkcartondesigns.com