[wp-hackers] Re: Changing MySQL minimum version

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 03:47:28 GMT 2006

On 11/28/06, Austin Matzko <if.website at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's one way we could use 4.1 functionality.  The last time I
> checked, query_posts("cat=-3") excludes posts of category 3 only if
> the post isn't categorized under other categories.  If it is assigned
> another category, then it's returned.  To fix this with MySQL
> functionality < 4.1 would be a hassle.

I ran into this the other day, which is kind of funny. It sure would
be nice to have the ability to exclude multiple categories, and if
MySQL has dropped support for 4.0, I agree it might be better to go
that route as well.

Not that I know anything about any of this, but I thought it was funny
that I just ran into this problem of not being to exclude multiple
categories a few days ago.