[wp-hackers] The Big Fonts....

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Nov 24 09:02:58 GMT 2006

Well, in the latest trunk SVN Matt had reverted many of the huge fonts
back to normal size.
On my install now the plugin screen has normal sized code at least,
and the names of tabs and pages are somewhere in the middle - and i
didn't touch the code.

On 11/24/06, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Viper wrote>
> Neither do I, but it was ported over from WordPress.com by Matt himself:
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/4349#file25
>
> Web 2.0 I guess or something, but I'm personally not blind and run a large (1600x1200) resolution for a reason (so I have small fonts and can see lots on my screen).
>
> -Viper]
>
> Thanks for pointing that out Viper. ;) Like everyone else, I was getting tired of the HUGE fonts too. Here below is what I did.... =P
>
> In the wp-admin/wp-admin.css file..
>
> FIND, AND REMOVE>
>
> #planetnews li .post {
> font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
> font-size: 18px;
> display: block;
> height: 60px;
> }
>
> NEXT, FIND>
>
> .plugins .name {
>  font-size: 16px;
> }
>
> REPLACE WITH>
>
> .plugins .name {
>  font-size: 13px;
> }
>

> NEXT, FIND>
>
> p, li, dl, dd, dt {
>  line-height: 140%;
> }
>
> REPLACE WITH>
>
> p, li, dl, dd, dt {
>  line-height: 130%;
> }
>

> It seems to be working ok, I'm not sure if it's the greatest or whatever.. but, seems to be looking like it did before, in the 2.0.? versions..  =/  However, I kind of notice the FEED Titles come after the "content".. rather then before it..
>
> Example:
>
> "Biggest Community Wins Matt"
>
> Where it's supposed to be:
>
> "Matt: Biggest Community Wins"
>
> Well, atleast the HUGE fonts are changed back to normal lol.. =P  Any thoughts, suggestions, and what not?
>
> spencerp
> /I'm not a coder pro, or anything.. but.. it seems to be ok lol.

Computer Guru
Founder
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/