[wp-hackers] Sending a Last-Modified header with HTML pages

Nathan R. Yergler nathan at creativecommons.org
Tue Nov 14 19:44:20 GMT 2006

We're currently preparing to convert our blog to WordPress and
discovered that it isn't emitting Last-Modified headers for page views.
We use an HTTP accelerator, and this sort of screws with the caching.
Is there a reason for this?  I notice that in wp-includes/classes.php
(line 1629) there's a comment wrt only emitting them for feeds.  Can
anyone provide some context on why WP has this behavior?

Thanks,

Nathan

--
Nathan R. Yergler