[wp-hackers] Email system revamp

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 17:50:23 GMT 2006

Another process idea:

Submit the comment form. The commenter is told to check his email.
WP emails the comment to the commenter's address with some links:
Click here to confirm my identity once.
Click here to confirm my identity for all future comments to this blog.
Click here to cancel this comment.
The comment sits in moderation until the commenter is verified and
pending any other comment spam tests.

For blogs concerned with impersonation, trolls, hotheaded commenters
who think twice and retract their comments...

Could be extended to allow commenters to delete their own comments later.

Plugin?

Andy