[wp-hackers] Best way to 'enhance' wp-comments-post.php

John Sinteur john at sinteur.com
Thu May 25 18:43:56 GMT 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 20:38, David Chait wrote:

> Having written my own solution (CG-AntiSpam), I can give you one
> word of
> advice: were I a spammer, I wouldn't necessarily ever check for
> response
> codes, redirects, etc.

What I've seen so far is that most spammers use a zombie network, and
the small bits of code they run uses the internet explorer engine
that's present on the hijacked machines.

Which means, if  you do this:

	header("Location: http://some-really-large-download.iso");

in your anti-spam plugin, you'll notice that most spammers see a
significant slowdown of their botnet after a few spam attempts, and
take your weblog URL out of their list and leave you alone.

-John