[wp-hackers] Sites running WP

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Wed May 24 15:40:18 GMT 2006

if the site in discussion (current or past or future) has a static design
(no comments, no counts, nothing php-ish only JS dynamic as needed...), it's
not unimaginable to take the wp-cache plugin and turn it into a mt-like
wp-2-html plugin.  you'd let the plugin create full html pages, and when
content is changed in the admin panel hooks would trigger regeneration.

again, that's assuming you aren't using plugins that do 'dynamic stuff' via
php, like weighted word graphs, traffic tracking, etc.  the moment you do,
you need to stick with stuff like wp-cache which can allow you to even call
dynamic code from within cached pages, if needed...

but, yes, with properly tuned apache/lighttpd, mysql, query cache, maybe
memcached, an opcode cache for PHP, and wp-cache, you can push quite a lot
of throughput.

-d