[wp-hackers] A request.

brian at thecodecave.com brian at thecodecave.com
Mon May 22 18:21:07 GMT 2006

>Podz wrote:
>> On the forums list we are working toward a Free Installation service.
>> We have hit a stumbling block though and we need some code.
>>
>> The last part of the process for a person using this (which is a
>> standard blog) will be a form.
>> The contact form plugin will do the job but we need 3 additions:
>> 1 - that WP generates a number, shows the number to the person and then
>> when the form is submitted that number comes through to us. This will be
>> the PIN for authentication.
>> 2 - a check box that indicates they have read everything, agree with it
>> all etc.
>> 3 - And the appropriate error messages should anything be missing.
>>

>Anyone?
>If no-one by the end of the day I'll take it to rentacoder.
>
>P.

Podz,
I updated the plugin I put together for you. If you tried it over the weekend, it might not have worked as designed.  Here's the link to the updated version:

http://www.thecodecave.com/downloads/plugins/wp-contract-form.zip

http://www.thecodecave.com/?p=133

0.2 REQUIRED RELEASE
Fixed the MD5.  It now uses website instead of email too.  Then the same email contact can be used for multiple websites.
    Removed the CSS styles that were incompatible with my theme (and probably others). They are renamed and can be put back in easily.
    Added carraige returns to the email where needed.
    Made the whole thing WC3 <a href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecodecave.com%2F%3Fp%3D133&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline">compliant</a>

0.1 Initial version
    Automatically sends the email to the destination AND the user, reversing the From and To.
    Required the website to be filled in.
    Added a terms field that is customizable.
    Added a customizable “I agree” line
    Added a checkbox and verified it is filled out in the end.
    I did not bother creating a legit POT file for language localization
    Generated a unique ID for the contract.