[wp-hackers] A request.

Christian Mohn h0bbel at p0ggel.org
Fri May 19 19:19:35 GMT 2006

This is the exact behaviour the Gallery project uses. A user files a ticket
with details (gallery version and so on). A unique code is generated and
displayed to the user (as well as emailed to him). When someone from the
support team contacts the user, we copy the details the user submitted in
the email including the unique identifier.

We have a very basic admin interface where all tickets are listed, and we
can change the status of the tickets like open/pending/in
progress/abandoned/invalid/completed. When someone changes a status for a
ticket from open to pending it gets assigned that user and removed from the
open list.